Monday, July 17, 2006

Random stuff…

Could not finish Against the Gods. The lesson in history of probability theory got a little too boring after the first few chapters. The initial part is very well written. But after the first 60 pages or so it becomes a history of mathematics. Anyway, I could not have read that over the weekend when I was visiting Nagpur.

So, I picked up Bill Bryson’s Neither Here nor There. This one’s a revelation. The man has a serious talent for writing travelogues. And he’s funny to the point of being wicked! Outrageously funny at times and a laugh-by-the-minute description of Europe at its quirkiest – this book is a must read.

Found 2 more interesting titles while browsing around the library catalogue and Amazon. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins and The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford. Have added them to my To be Read Soon list.

Watched The Usual Suspects last night – again! Reminded of the time when Warikoo had arranged for a common screening at AC2 MLT. Oh boy, does that room evoke memories or what! FOGP - miss you guys!

9 comments:

ankur said...

i know...sweet times...!!!

educatedunemployed said...

So u r out of ISB or am I allowed in there?

Unknown said...

Daddy, you gotta stop talkin about these books, man! You make me feel like a total loser - my only reading these days in CnH and sport news ...on the pot!

Pratik said...

Warikoo... sweet indeed :)

EU... neither... nothings changed. But pkblogs happened :)

Pawmee... nothing beats CnH, I could read it forever.. over n over!

ela1ne1 said...

my dear patankar...the next time u post about missing the FOGP, please say FOGP and Elaine.. coz i wasn't part of the FOGP and i know you miss me.

Pratik said...

Elaine... wow, what a surprise... and that blog... you are really getting quite regular at it. I am impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Two identical chairs http://www.download-legal-divorce-forms.info/Venlafaxine-hci-withdrawls.html

Anonymous said...

What a great site »