Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Boys...

There's a new serial on TBS - it's called My Boys. It's about a girl and her friends - all guys! So it's got the usual load of girl-guy fun, tons of advice on relationships and the usual friendship vs love vs life thing. Yet, it's different. I guess a girl who has always felt comfortable being friends with guys would understand.

But come to think of it, I know a few girls who are more comfortable being friends with guys, than they are with other girls. I have heard this from my ex-girlfriend, my friends and other guys - it's easier to make friends with guys! And when more than 2 guys hang out together, jealousy is not an issue. Jealousy could become an issue - but only at a collective level. One guy in the group getting jealous of someone else coz of some third person getting close to that someone else - nah, that don't happen between guys. I think the primary reason that guys bond better on a collective level is coz of the lack of expectations and feelings. Guys understand that we don't poke into each other's emotions. There are times when you let a guy be by himself, as opposed to hugging him and trying to blackmail his thoughts out of him - while he is squirming around in his seat. You do that - and I bet that's the last you gonna see of him in the group. Every1 in the group has their own space. I think the American concept of personal space holds really well in this theory.

Anyway, if you got a group of buddies like that by your side, even hell can be a lot of fun!

7 comments:

P said...

True.. friends make all the difference!

Little Miss Muffet said...

oh..i'm so one of those girls who has tons of more guy friends..i find them so much easier to be with..

Anonymous said...

I think it is just friends who make a difference. guy or a gal comes in next.
Maybe what you say is true.

Anyway, howz life otherwise? Enjoying work?

Pratik said...

am totally with you Ramki...if you click with someone, that's all you need for a great friendship!

I am good man - enjoying being busy after a long gap! But that's about it... struggling to find the right niche for myself... but that's a fight for life :)

Anonymous said...

Is she ill?
generic hydrocodone

educatedunemployed said...

A blog as versatile, thought provoking, discussion inciting, with in-your-face writing should really not be left neglected.

I am sure you are very busy,but this is a good space.I hope you don't let it die.

educatedunemployed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.