Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Time to move ass again!

What motivates me?

- used to be sports when I was a kid - anything competitive to get the adrenalin going
- then for sometime it was electronics - I mean the challenge of making new circuits, typical jr. college days.. ya know!
- then it was extra-curricular activities - coz that meant expansion of friend circle beyond the college gang and beyond just engineers!
- then came the glory days of coding - yeah, technical challenges were fun... there's something about the joy of having resolved a nagging technical issue. Remember that calculus problem you just cudn't figure out for 2-3 hrs and then the solution flashed upon you like a sun peeping out of the clouds. It's the same feeling... so the coding days are kind of an extension of college days, at least mine were
- however that fascination faded away too. I was more motivated by people issues, rather than tech issues.
- at b-school the whole year was motivated by meeting more fascinating people every new day!
- and now, it's back to the grind. So what now?
Off late, thoughts have been drifting towards doing something of my own. Yeah, it's vague right now - no structure whatsoever to any idea, nor is there any semblance of any groundwork. Work's a bit rustic right now - feel jaded even after spending 12 busy hours at office. No challenges at all! It's funny - I find time for more things when there is less free time. The busier I am at work, the more time I spend on reading and thinking about other things too! Having free time makes me lazy - procrastinating has never been difficult for me. But I think I am reaching that stage now where I am gonna wake up on the right side of the bed someday - someday soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as far as i know you, music is what you have always had a passion for...but seems you haven't explored it upto the extent you wanted to i guess...

Pratik said...

Anon - let's just say, you have ignited an old flame here.