Friday, October 13, 2006

Don't be a punk!!!

If I were to follow my heart, here’s what I’d really like to do and to be:

· Become a photographer.
· Play at least one sport at pro level – ideally squash!
· Bike around the country – both in US and back home in India.
· Run a shack in Goa.
· Live in a commune with all my best buddies and their families – back to the 70s!
· Start a tech business, naturally coz IT is all I have done in my professional life.
· Make a difference to the society – apun ka bhi putla khada hona mangta hai!

I could go on with that list. Or I could talk about a man who is really following his heart and actually putting his money where his mouth is.

If you have followed the story of eBay, chances are you have read about Jeff Skoll
. After raking in millions from the success of eBay, he moved to Philanthropy and founded the Skoll Foundation. If that wasn’t engaging enough, the man went on to found another company, this time in Hollywood – Participant Productions. This production house has come out with some of the best and most hard-hitting films of 2005 and 2006. The list encompasses Syriana, North Country, An inconvenient Truth, Good Night and Good Luck, Murderball and the upcoming Fast Food Nation. That is an impressive list by any standards. I chanced upon all these details as I was digging around after reading an article on Fast Company.

So, if you are a man, follow your heart. Or you are just another punk!!!

3 comments:

ankur said...

saw the inconvenient truth the other day on the flight. is something can make me stay awake on a flight tht leaves at 4.35 in the morning...it surely will be good...

then read abt the dude in the newspaper the same day. inspired..!!

hey btw...humhaara icon..yunnus bhai...microfinance...won..!! yuhuuuu..!! finally..one scheme tht worked..!

Pratik said...

yeah man, I gotta see that one. Netflix, here I come!!!

Arey scheme to apni aur bhi chalengi... tu apna business launch kar... thoda paisa bana... fir koi nayi scheme banayenge :D

Anonymous said...

Waah bade bhaiyya...ekdam apna wala life style hai ye to :)

- Parimal