Monday, October 09, 2006

New place

I am posting after a really long gap. And I am posting from a new location, my new home - atleast for the immediate future. Feels a little wierd. Feels new! Feels like I don't belong here.

I am in an alien place - yes, I am a "legal alien" in the US of A. Been trying to adjust to the new life for the past one week. And I must say, doin a pretty decent job of it so far. Hope, Anger (or maybe Anguish), Frustration, Tension, Peaceful, Longing - feeling everything at once. Culture shock? Not really, I had a fair idea of what to expect, having been here before.

But something is different this time. I could feel folks back home were more emotional this time. It's a big sacrifice on their part.

I didn't wanna restart on this note. But that's the way it is right now...

6 comments:

Ford Prefect said...

Congratulations dude ... Hope you have a blast ..

Pratik said...

thx mate... getting started man! Unfortunately winters are just setting in... but there's always hope :)

educatedunemployed said...

Well atleast it is a start.Im sure you find a grip of the new environment sooner than you think.Good luck and do keep up us posted!

Pratik said...

grip wagere sab aa gaya hai yaar, I just had that thot yesterday... so the post got a twist in the end :)

don'thaveaclue said...

dude...wish you the very best of luck...and will send you my acct details for $ donations :)

Pratik said...

Thx mate. I am sure most ISBians (including me) won't mind such a donation!