Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Falling in LOVE… again!

This is a back-dated post, which I could not publish earlier... originally written on Sept 20th.

A grey morning. Got out of the bed at 7. It was painful; the morning was perfect to stay curled up under the blankets. But she was calling… :)

Washed up hastily and immediately took her out to breakfast. Same old dosa, but the chai felt great – courtesy of the showers outside. The rain was practically pulling at me… prodding me, cajoling me, and begging me to take her out. And I succumbed to nature’s charm. She obviously wasn’t in the mood. I mean who would be on a chilly grey morning like that! But I persisted. Patted her, charmed her, pleaded with her and managed to warm her up to the idea of going out in that weather.

The initial resistance always adds to the game ;). But once she got in the groove, there was no stopping her. Her response to my slightest touch, her drawl as I tried to push her further, and the conversation between the 2 of us – it was just like old times. There wasn’t much traffic that early, largely due to the rains. But those who saw us couldn’t resist a second glance. Getting drenched felt different that morning. Whisper valley felt much more serene than it usually is. Even the buffaloes made way for us that day.

Together, we rode the highways, we climbed the hills, wound up and down jubilee hills and hit the home stretch after necklace road. That morning, yet again, as always, I fell in love with her – my baby, my first love, my RX135!

7 comments:

educatedunemployed said...

What a tease of a post.Very well written.
Though I think you gave yourself away a bit too soon.Could have lingered that curiosity for a bit longer.
Totally love such cryptic/triviaish( sue me, I know that is not a real word) posts.

Anonymous said...

Pratik! you ought to b shought for that.. you almosht made mi undrunk with that posht.

anywayz, the sixth peg is to your RX135.

Pratik said...

hehe, thx EU. Just experimenting with the style... love such teasers :)

Anon - dude, hope you ain't driving after that 6th peg ;). Be safe.

Anonymous said...

I personally feel Don'thaveaclue does the best posts in this tease/trivia/cryptic posts.

Unknown said...

oh man oh man...so totally pinged the place i'm in right now...with my own bike...!! super post...one of your best!

Pratik said...

dhanyavaad malik :)

Anonymous said...

Verrrrry cool! I totally identify with this post. I used to wake up in the middle of the night to check on my Mitsubishi Lancer parked right outside my window :-)